If you had to whip up a quick dinner at the drop of a hat, This Little Pig bets you 3 button mushrooms that your first answer would not be prawn and avocado rolls. It should however piglet, because these beauties below took a cool 15 mins to put together, they tasted as though they were out of a gourmet restaurant and in general they wowed the pants off this fine swine and it’s guests.
This fine swine isn't even going to ramble on, just to get the point across that it's so quick to do that the intro to the recipe might be longer than the cook time. So roll up your sleeves (or maybe don’t even bother because it’s such a quick meal) and try out these beauties when you’ve had a long day at work or in general just want some amazingness in your tum ASAP. Oink.
Prawn & Avocado Rolls
Feeds: 2 Hungry Piglets
Prep Time: 13 Mins. Cooking Time: 2 Mins
Ingredients of Gloriousness:
350g x Peeled Prawns
1 x Lemon
80g x Rocket
3 x Garlic Cloves
30g x Butter
15ml x Olive Oil
1 x Avocado
4 x Soft Bread Rolls (the nice floury doughy kind)
For the Handmade Thousand Island Dressing:
100g x Aioli
1 x Tbs Tomato Sauce
1 x Tbs Worchestershire Sauce
½ x Tbs Siracha Sauce
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Method of Gloriousness:
- In a small bowl combine your aioli (100g), tomato sauce (1 Tbs), worchestershire sauce (1 Tbs), Siracha Sauce (½ Tbs) and a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well. Set aside ready for serving.
- Skin and finely slice your garlic cloves (3).
- Cut your lemon into wedges.
- In a large pan pop in your butter (30g) and olive oil (15ml) and heat on high until the butter is melted and bubbling.
- Add in your garlic cloves and stir gently until they are just starting to turn golden on the outside.
- Pour in your prawns (350g) and toss around for about 1-2 mins or until pink on the outside and just cooked on the inside. Give them a gentle squeeze of lemon juice.
- Now pour into a bowl, cover with foil and set aside to rest and relax.
- Give your rocket a spritz and slice your avocado into thin slices (whip out the pip, cut long lines into him and then using a soup spoon scoop him out in one go).
- Cut your bread rolls in half and in order place some lashings of avocado strips, a few plump prawns, a handful of rocket and then a really good drizzle of your amazing thousand island dressing sauce.
- And that’s it. Just a casual gourmet dinner in 15 mins flat. Wow piglet. Wow.