This Little Pig is rather disdainful of the real fast food options. Every time it has a craving for one of the fast food menu items, a vision in this fine swine’s head appears. The image is of hungover youths in hairnets with not enough health and safety training and dirty rubber gloves pulling veg for the burger out of giant premade tubs of salad in a haphazard fashion. This and the story of when this piglet’s cousin, who worked at a fast food joint, told the story of how once a chicken fell out of the bag and slid across the floor and due to the sudden rush of orders, they scooped up the chicken and sent it out the takeaway window anyway. After reminiscing about these two thoughts, This Little Pig decides that it doesn’t crave that fast food as much as it initially thought.
Therefore, the best thing to do in such food craving situations is to make one’s own fast food delights of salty, spicy, crispy chicken wings and crunchy chips. Healthier, far more satisfying (or should I say satis-frying har har har) and whilst you can wear a hair net the risk of a stray hair or a soggy meal is far less possible. This meal is incredibly yum. It’s crispy, it’s got a lovely warmth without being over the top and is really a quick and easy way to enjoy a fast food meal option in the comfort of one’s own ugh-boots.
Peri Peri Chicken Wings
Feeds: 2 Hungry Piglets.
Prep Time: 10 Mins. Cooking Time: 30-45 Mins
Ingredients of Peri Peri Fantastic-ness:
1 x Kg Free Range Chicken Wings
2 x Tbs Worchestershire Sauce
1 x Chilli (don’t worry it’s not very spicy at all – add more if you like heat)
4 x Garlic Cloves
2 x Bay Leaves
1 x Tbs Paprika
1 x Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 x Tsp Salt
1 x Tbs Crushed Ginger
1 x Tbs Lemon Juice
3 x Tbs Olive Oil
1 x Fresh Thyme Bunch
*Note this fine swine had these chicken wings with mixed lettuce leaves and avocado slices tossed in olive oil and lemon juice & bought frozen chips (forgive me), birds eye golden crunch, and once they came out of the oven they got tossed in paprika, garlic salt, mixed herbs & vinegar. Oink.
Method of Chicken Amazingness.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Chop off the heads of the chillis, skin your garlic cloves & pull the thyme leaves off the stem. Now whiz up all your ingredients together (no not the chicken wings piglet – come on now use your noodle) in a small food processor or wotnot. You want it to be a lovely smooth liquid.
- Place your chicken wings in your oven tray, pour the peri peri marinade over the top and gently massage into the chicken wings.
- Pop your chicken in the oven for 30-45 mins or until golden, crispy and ready to devour.
- If you have chippies – pop them in at the same time and whilst they are cooking whiz up your fab green leaves to go on the side. Serve your chips with some Kewpie Japanese Mayo or aioli to take it to the next level. OINK!