This Little Pig loves avocado. It likes to say out loud every time avocado is used, that its “nature’s butter” because its full of good fats. This tends to get old with This Little Pigs husband but luckily he is a patient man and delicious food ends up being placed on the table soon after this avocado quote is chirpily said out loud.
Now smashed avocado is really one of life’s simple pleasures. It’s so quick and delicious and has just the right amount of KICK to get you going in the morning (mostly if you pair it with bacon, coffee and a great life plan). So follow these few simple steps to avocado breakfast glory and either try it out on its own, with crispy bacon or with poached eggs, rocket and salsa verde drizzled over the top. The world is your avocado coloured oyster in this area.
Feeds: 2 Hungry Piglets
Prep Time: 10 Mins. Cooking Time: 5 Mins.
Ingredients of Avocado Amazingness:
1 x Avocado
2-4 x Slices of Good Quality Bread
1 x Shallot (small)
1 x Garlic Clove (small)
¼ x Tsp Chilli Flakes
1 x Lime
¼ x Mint Bunch
40g x Marinated Fetta
Splash of Tabasco
¼ x Tsp Salt
1 x Tbs Good Quality Olive Oil
Good Scrunch of Pepper
**Serving Suggestion: serve with crispy bacon, poached eggs & rocket.
Method of Avocado Incredibleness:
- Skin and finely dice your shallot (1) and garlic clove (1).
- Slice your lime (1) into wedges.
- Halve your avocado (1) and remove the pip, you can use a spoon or you can use an extremely sharp knife for a thrill and potentially slice your hand in half in the process – depends how you’re feeling.
- Into a bowl scoop your avocado out of its skin and drop in your finely diced garlic and shallot.
- Squeeze ½ of your lime in (if it needs more at the end you can add it then), pour in your marinated feta (40g), your scrunch of salt and pepper and your splash of Tabasco.
- Now mash it all up with a fork until well combined.
- Put your toast into the toaster for toasting (directions for this step: don’t burn it. That is all).
- Taste your lovely avocado concoction and if it is delicious, well done you piglet. If it needs something you can squeeze a little extra lime in, add an extra scrunch of salt or pepper or scatter in a little more feta. To be honest though piglets, it will probably taste incredible straight up (This Little Pig is a confident swine).
- Now pop your lovely toasted bread onto plates. Dollop out your incredible avocado smash and scatter over your chilli flakes (1/4 Tsp), a drizzle of olive oil (1 Tbs) and an extra scrunch of pepper. Now scatter some mint (1/4 bunch) leaves frivolously over the top and you my dear piglet have a gourmet delight in less than 10 mins. Now that’s what This Little Pig calls breakfast! Oink.