This Little Pig sometimes finds itself in the odd role of confidante of people’s food adventures. In a weird twist of events, people will often whisper/slur their deepest and darkest food secrets to This Little Pig at parties over a bottle of champagne. Such an event happened at a party recently, where their wonderful sworn vegetarian, whispered that whilst in Texas, they consumed a whole platter of buffalo wings (“I’ve never tasted anything so good in my life Little Pig!”). Whilst this fine swine has never been to Texas, it feels inclined to think that there must be something extraordinary about these chicken wings to convert a borderline religious vegetarian to the dark side. Thus this piglet has leapt trotter first into the kitchen to try its hands at spicy buffalo wings and has achieved the most glorious results without the use of a deep fryer (albeit a little bit of butter). This Little Pig sat on its couch and repeatedly muttered the words “mind blown,” as it snacked on these beauties..they are seriously phenomenal.
These succulent, juicy and crispy morsels dipped into the creamy blue cheese dipping sauce, would be perfect served whilst watching the footy with a crisp beer and a room full of lads. Easy as walking down the shop to get a pie, these little beauties will create so much joy that no matter what happens on screen everyone will still cry tears of joy (if they have a taste-bud worth listening to). Seriously piglets. This is the good stuff. Oink.
Ingredients of Phenomenal-ness:
1 x Kg Chicken Wings (free range please piglets)
30g x Butter
½ x Cup Hot Sauce (Siraacha or Franks Hot Sauce is the only options really.)
2 x Tbs Soy Sauce
Lashings of Salt and Pepper
Ingredients for Dipping Phenomenal-ness:
½ x Cup Good Quality Mayonnaise
25g x Blue Cheese
1 x Tbs Milk
1 x Tbs Lemon Juice
¼ x Parsley Bunch
Method of Phenomenal-ness - Wings:
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- If possible, pull your wings out from the fridge 20 mins before cooking to un-chill them.
- Pop your butter (30g) into a pot on a high heat and melt the butter.
- Pour in your soy sauce (2 Tbs) and hot sauce (1/2 cup) and a good scrunch of salt and pepper. Mix together well, and then remove from the heat.
- Pour half of your hot sauce into a beautiful dish for serving.
- Pour the rest of your hot sauce over your chicken wings and once cool enough, massage into the wings.
Place your marinated wings onto a lined tray and then into the oven for around 1 hour or until golden, crispy and cooked through – turn once during the hour to get an even golden colour.
Method of Phenomenal-ness - Sauce
- Finely Dice your parsley, discarding his stalks.
- Crumble in and then mush your blue cheese (25g) into your mayonnaise (1/2 cup) with a fork until it is combined.
- Pour in your milk (1 Tbs) & lemon juice (1 Tbs) and sprinkle in your diced parsley and mix through well.
- Pop into a beautiful bowl ready to serve with your crispy wings.
To Change Your Guest's Lives Forever (a.k.a serving the wings):
- Lay your chicken out in a lovely dish and drizzle over your saved hot sauce.
- Nestle the blue cheese dipping sauce in the middle and serve.
- Stand back and wait for your guests to weep with joy. Oink.