When This Little Pig’s trotters were still young, it went to a birthday party at their good friend Caitlin’s house. After much running around, frivolity and general merriment, Caitlin’s mum served chocolate muffins, with a sneaky surprise of a caramel chocolate pushed into the centre of each muffin before cooking. It was a delicious caramel delight and This Little Pig has never forgotten that moment of delighted suprise. So on a rainy day, This Little Pig made its favourite brownie recipe and then did the old caramel chocolate treat. What a delight for the piglets that this fine swine gifted these gooey chocolatey wonders to.
Now yes piglets, we know this recipe isn’t the healthiest but no one ever ate brownies to lose weight. So delight in the pure joy of this treat and take some into work to win friends and influence people. It’s quick, it’s wonderful and the chocolate caramel button centres make this something a little bit different.
Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Brownies:
Feeds: 4-10 Piglets (depending on brownie eating abilities).
Prep Time: 15 Mins. Baking Time: 30 Mins.
150g x Butter
1 ¼ x Caster Sugar
¾ x Cocoa
1 x Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 x Eggs
½ x Cup Plain Flour
1-2 Packets of Rollo’s or any chocolate that has small caramel covered with chocolate segments.
1 x 20cm – ish baking tray
A little butter for greasing the tray
Icing sugar and dollops of cream for serving to piglets you want to impress.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Pop your butter (150g), cocoa (¾ Cup) and sugar (1¼ Cup) into a saucepan over a low heat and stir until butter has melted and the ingredients are combined. Have patience here piglets - it takes a while to get the melting started but it is much better than burnt ingredients if you try and rush it with a high heat and a careless trotter.
- Spoon your lovely hot chocolatey mixture into a bowl and crack in your eggs (3), pour in your vanilla extract (1 Tsp) and whisk well.
- Sift in your flour (½ Cup). Whisk well.
- Grease your cake tin with some butter and then pour your mixture into the cake tin.
- Take your chocolate, caramel buttons and lay out evenly on top of your brownie mixture. Using a clean trotter, gently push them under the surface – you may need a spatula to completely cover them.
- Pop in the oven for 30 mins or until the center is just set. Please note piglets: this is the perfect amount of time to spend 5 minutes cleaning up and 25 minutes napping, to ensure you wake up refreshed and with the smell of brownies dancing around your head.
- Upon awakening from your wonderful power nap - whip out the brownies from the oven and allow to cool slightly, whilst you wipe the sleep from your eyes and the drool off your cheek.
- Cut into squares around your chocolate button delights and serve on a plate with a little icing sugar for dusting and a dollop of cream. Oink