At the moment, This Little Pig is going through a simplicity phase in its porcine life. Do not fear piglets, this does not involve wearing organic linen shifts and no underwear, but it does involve simple fare in the kitchen. Taking a few seasonal and beautiful ingredients and letting them sing loud and clear. This recipe is glorious for an entrée, nibbles with drinks or simply for a hungry piglet sitting in their jocks having a midday movie marathon (This Little Pig does not judge).
So roll up your trottered sleeves and try this simple fare that celebrates the seasons and some of the delicious produce that is on offer at this time of year. Oink!
Mixed Tomato, Fresh Thyme & Goats Cheese Bruschetta
Feeds: 2 Hungry Piglets
Prep Time: 10 Mins. Cooking Time: 10 Mins.
200g x Mixed Coloured Cherry Tomatoes
½ x Thyme Bunch
1 x Red Shallot
½ x Ciabatta Bread Loaf
80g x Goats Cheese
1 x Garlic Clove
3 x Tbs Olive Oil
1 x Tbs Lemon Juice
Scrunches of Pepper & Salt
How to Make Simple Gloriousness:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Slice your Ciabatta loaf into thick slices.
- Drizzle your bread slices with your 2/3rds of your olive oil (2 Tbs).
- Slice your garlic clove in half and vigorously rub the cut side of the garlic clove all over your bread – especially around the crust.
- Place your slices of bread in the oven for around 10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Finely skin and dice your shallot
- Remove ¾ of your thyme leaves from the stem – save the other ¼ on the stems for visual prettiness.
- Place your tomato, shallot and thyme leaves together in a bowl and drizzle over the lemon juice (1 Tbs), remaining olive oil (1 Tbs) and a good scrunch of pepper and salt to your taste. Gently mix together.
- Take your crunchy, garlic, golden toasts and smear a lavish helping of your creamy goats cheese onto each one. Artfully place a serving of your tomato bruschetta on top of the goat’s cheese and serve in your organic linen shift and no underwear garb. Oink!