This Little Pig loves salad season. So many varieties and so many hot summers nights that scream, “lets have a salad piglets!!” This fine swine particularly loves creamy avocados, zingy summer fruits and smooth fettas to take a salad to a whole new level. The salad in question today is one that This Little Pig likes to take to dinner parties when asked to bring a dish. No one else has ever turned up with the same salad as This Little Pig and somehow the strawberries and haloumi make this salad look thoughtful and glamorous, whilst in actual fact this lazy swine didn’t try that hard that all.
So pluck some strawberries from the veggie patch and give this fresh, zingy number a try and remember, for the grazing herbivores out there, you can skip the Parma ham to make this a veggie feast.
Feeds: 4 Hungry Piglets (as a side salad).
Prep Time: 15 Mins. Cooking Time: 2 Mins.
120g x Rocket
180g x Haloumi
1 x Tbs Olive Oil
250g x Strawberries
200g x Parma Ham
½ x Mint Bunch
½ x Basil Bunch
Dressing for Strawberries:
1 x Tbs Olive Oil
1 x Tbs Lemon Juice
1 x Tbs Sticky Balsamic
Salt & Pepper Scrunches for all.
How to Make Fabulousness:
- Chop off strawberry heads and slice strawberries into ½ cm thick slices (just a guide piglets, don’t get out a ruler).
- Place strawberries in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil (1 Tbs), sticky balsamic (1 Tbs) and lemon Juice (1 Tbs) and gently mix through with a scrunch of pepper and salt.
- Slice your haloumi into thin ½ cm thick strips.
- Heat olive oil (1 Tbs) in a fry pan and then place haloumi strips into the pan and cook for 1 minute on either side or until gently golden. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Pull mint and basil leaves off their stalks and tear into bite-sized chunks along with your Parma ham.
- Place your rocket into a bowl and scatter over your basil, mint, strawberries, Parma ham and golden haloumi. Drizzle any remaining strawberry dressing over the top of the salad.
- And that dear piglet is how you create the perfect summer salad to take with you to parties. Oiiiink!