Picture this if you will piglets. You’ve invited some lovely swine’s over for dinner that you wouldn’t mind impressing, yet at the same time you need understated effort. A bit of “oh what this? Ohhh I just threw it together this afternoon..” if you catch the drift piglets. You’ve created the perfect entrée and main course (perhaps the pork belly from last week’s blog) and as the day rolls on suddenly you think, “oh blimey, I forgot to organize dessert.” Never fear forgetful piglet, this porcine has a “mildly healthy” (don’t quote us on that though) chocolate yoghurt dip. Pair it with some luscious berries and tropical fruits and in no time at all, you will have your guests exclaiming at your extraordinary cleverness and skills in the kitchen and you dear piglet, will sit back smugly and think “what suckers.” Why? Because it is the easiest thing in the world and This Little Pig thinks swindling their friends a little can sometimes be fun..oink!
Creamy Chocolate Yoghurt Dip & Fresh Seasonal Fruit Platter.
Prep Time: 15 Mins. Cooking Time: 0 Mins (wow).
Feeds: 4-6 Hungry Piglets.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
2 x Tbs Nutella
150g x Natural Creamy Yoghurt
Fruit for Dipping: Completely up to you but This Little Pig likes to use:
2 x Bananas
1 x Punnet of Strawberries
1 x Punnet of Blueberries
½ x Pineapple
2 x Kiwi Fruit
1 x Lemon for squeezing over it
1 x Bunch of Grapes
How to Make Fabulousness:
- Mix your Nutella (2 Tbs) into your natural yoghurt (150g) well and dollop into a lovely serving bowl – depending on your taste buds you can add a little more Nutella if need be.
- Peel your bananas and kiwi fruits and Slice into long elegant slices.
- Chop off the skin of your pineapple and chop into squares and triangles and all sorts of exciting shapes.
- Spritz your strawberries, blueberries and grapes.
- Scatter your fruit frivolously onto the platter around your lovely chocolate dip.
- Cut your lemon in half and squeeze over the fruit to give it a nice zing and stop it going brown.
- Serve with toothpicks, a smug grin and if you want to go crazy a little dark chocolate shavings scattered over everything.
- Simplicity at it’s best. Oink.