Slightly sweet and a wonderful companion in the mornings… no This Little Pig is not talking about itself (hahaha). This fine swine is referring to the glorious, golden, crunchy and healthy breakfast bite.. granola. This beauty is shockingly easy to make (mix it, drizzle it, bake it) and the reward is a divine crumble of deliciousness. Actually, when paired with a little creamy yoghurt and lashings of fresh fruit and berries, This Little Pig believes it could change a piglet’s life in some small but intense way.
Prep Time: 10 Mins. Cooking Time: 1-1.5 Hrs.
Makes: 1.5 kg of gloriousness.
- 5 x Cups of Rolled Oats
- 3 x Tbs Honey
- 3 x Tbs Peanut Oil
- 150g x Pumpkin Seeds
- 150g x Brazil Nuts
- 150g x Sun Flower Seeds
- 200g x Almonds
- 120g x Coconut Flakes
- 100g x Cranberries
- 150g x Semi Dried Apricots
Method to Make Gloriousness:
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Roughly chop up your brazil nuts.
- Roughly chop your dried apricots and set aside with your cranberries for the end.
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl EXCEPT for the cranberries, apricots, honey & peanut oil.
- Microwave your honey (3 Tbs) for 20 seconds then drizzle that and the peanut oil (3 Tbs) over the mixed nuts, seeds and oats.
- Mix through until it is all coated.
- Pour out onto big lined trays making sure it is not too thickly spread (about 1 cm thick).
- Place your trays into the oven and cook until a lovely deep golden colour (around 1 hr), occasionally shaking to make sure it all cooks evenly and everyone gets a go at the top (be fair with your granola). *Note he might not feel crunchy even though he looks golden but once it cools down he will be crunchier than a fresh carrot stick!
- Scatter through your cranberries and chopped apricots and mix well.
- That’s it piglets, all done. Pop into a big clean jar and store for around 2 weeks (if it’s not devoured before then).