This Little Pig obviously has a love of the fancy and fabulous when it comes to food. However, on busy weeks when there has been far too much recipe testing and feasting, This Little Pig puts it’s trotter on the brake and seeks out some quick and easy chow for a casual weeknight dinner. This recipe is fast, easy and totally divine. With fresh flavours, crunchy snowpeas and crispy chicken, it gives great return for little effort. So pull out your ingredients and get stir-frying piglets! Oink!
Crispy Lime & Soy Glazed Chicken Stirfry with Crunchy Snowpeas, Peanuts & Egg Noodles.
Feeds: 2 Hungry Piglets.
Prep Time: 10 Mins. Cooking Time: 10 Mins.
Ingredients for Gloriousness:
400g x Diced Chicken Thighs (free range)
200g x Egg Noodles
1 x Brown Onion
3 x Garlic Cloves
2 x Eggs (free range)
300g x Snowpeas
2 x Tbs Soy Sauce
1 x Tbs Teriyaki
1 x Tbs Peanut Oil
50g x Chopped Peanuts
1 x Red Chilli
How to Make Quick and Easy Deliciousness:
- Skin and slice brown onion into thin strips.
- Skin and finely slice garlic.
- Finely dice red chilli.
- Chop off the tops and tails of the snow peas.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Boil the kettle and then place your egg noodles in a bowl and pour the boiling water over the top until they are covered. Set aside for 2-3 mins to separate and warm through, then drain.
- Heat peanut oil in frypan until hot to trot then pop in your diced chicken thighs.
- After 2 mins, add HALF of your soy sauce (1 Tbs) and all of your teriyaki sauce (1 Tbs). Continue to cook chicken for around 6 mins or until cooked through and crispy on the outside (we want him lovely and golden).
- Once cooked through, squeeze half of your lime over the chicken and stir through for another minute to let him glaze and get glossy.
- Remove your chicken from the pan and pop in a bowl and cover with foil.
Clean out your pan and return to the heat. Throw in your onion and stirfry until starting to turn translucent (you can add a few tbs of water to stop it burning and to help soften).
- Then add in your garlic and snowpeas and stirfry until snowpeas are turning dark green and starting to soften slightly (we still want them nice and crunchy though).
- Remove the veg from the pan and clean out your pan again before returning to the heat. Once lovely and hot pour in your whisked up egg and with a whisk (could use a spatula though) whisk around until it starts to lightly scramble.
- Pour in your egg noodles in with the egg and the last of your soy sauce (1 Tbs) and stir though, then pour in your chicken and stirfried veg and mix well.
- Squeeze the other half of your lime over the top and then serve out into bowls.
- Top with your diced chilli and crushed peanuts and tuck in for a quick and delicious weeknight meal piglets. Ooooweee, oink!