When the weather gets a little bit chilly, This Little Pig plops its trotters into snuggly ugh boots, wraps a badly knitted scarf (first time knitter folks) around it’s neck and wades through the chill into the kitchen to make something warming. As the sun slowly creeps up into the misty sky, you may find This Little Pig happily dicing sweet plums, drizzling oats with honey and preparing to start another day with warmth and deliciousness. You may also hear This Little Pig softly singing to itself (or it’s friends Paisley The Greyhound & Matilda The Cat) “Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beeeauuuuutifullll dayyyyyy”…oats love being sung to you see (and so do Paisley & Matilda).
Bircher Muesli with Warm Plum Compote.
Feeds: 2 Hungry Piglets.
Preparation Time: 15 Mins. Cooking Time: 10 Mins.
2 x Cups of Oats
2 x Cups of Milk
2 x Tbs Apple Juice
1 x Tbs Lemon Juice
½ x Cup Dried Apple
½ x Cup Dried Apricot
¼ x Cup Almond Slivers
1 x Apple
1 x Tbs Honey
4 x Tbs Passion fruit Pulp
To Make Fabulous Bircher Muesli:
- Combine oats, milk, apple juice & lemon juice, before you trot off to bed and let soak overnight.
- In the morning chop your dried fruit & grate your apple.
- Mix your apple, dried fruit & honey through your Bircher muesli.
- Drizzle your passion fruit pulp and warm plum compote (see below) on top.
- 6 x Plums
- 1 x Cinnamon Stick
- 1 x Vanilla Bean Pod (or 1 Tbs Vanilla Bean Paste)
- 1 x Punnet of Strawberries
- ½ x Cup of Water
To Make Warm & Plummy, Plum Compote:
- Quarter your plums
- Slice your strawberries.
- Scrape out your vanilla bean pods seeds.
- Place your plums, strawberries, vanilla bean pod, cinnamon stick & seeds into a pot with ½ a cup of water.
- Pop on the lid and cook on medium for 10 mins or until the plums have softened and are starting to fall apart, stir occasionally.
- Serve your warm plum compote on top of your Bircher muesli and beam smugly at the morning as you stay toasty, warm & well nourished. Oink!